Our favourite garlics for roasting are the Porcelain varieties, especially Dan's Russian and Fish Lake #3. The taste is incredible and the large cloves are easier to squeeze from the papery skins. Chesnok Red has won many awards for it's roasted flavour.
We have burned the tips of many fingers in our haste to squeeze out this heavenly ooze.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 30 to 40 mins
- Slice off the top to expose the cloves.
- Set the bulb on two layers of tin foil, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Wrap tightly and bake or BBQ on low for 20 to 30 minutes.
- It's done when soft and squishy when pressed.
- Squeeze to spread on crackers or add to potatoes, vegetables, dips, ice cream.