Garlic Roasted Salmon & Brussels Sprouts
Simple enough for a weeknight meal yet sophisticated enough to serve to company.
- 14 large cloves garlic, divided
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 6 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced
- ¾ cup white wine, preferably Chardonnay
- 2 pounds wild-caught salmon fillet, skinned, cut into 6 portions
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mince 2 garlic cloves and combine in a small bowl with oil, 1 tablespoon oregano, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Halve the remaining garlic and toss with Brussels sprouts and 3 tablespoons of the seasoned oil in a large roasting pan. Roast, stirring once, for 15 minutes.
- Add wine to the remaining oil mixture. Remove the pan from oven, stir the vegetables and place salmon on top. Drizzle with the wine mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon oregano and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Bake until the salmon is just cooked through, 5 to 10 minutes more.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Makes 6 servings.